There is a lot to think about when properly stocking each room of your Airbnb/Short-Term Rental property. Having a checklist and an organized system before making these big purchases is the most effective way to ensure each guest will have everything they need!
Managing an Airbnb is a simple task but not an easy one by any stretch. Airbnbs require a lot of preparation and planning to provide guests with the best experience possible. This means supplying your rental with all of the essentials, plus a few extras to ensure your guests have a memorable and comfortable experience! Happy guests are more likely to leave good reviews and this translates to more bookings for your property.
We have provided lists below for each room in your home which will help better prepare you and ensure that you don’t leave anything out. This should allow you to move from room to room seamlessly as you supply your Airbnb. Remember, these aren’t all must-haves, but it is a good idea to throw a few frills into your rental to impress your guests!
- Comfortable mattress or mattress topper (This is the most important piece of furniture)
- 2 sets of sheets, one on the bed and one in the storage space
- Trash can
- Fan if there is no ceiling fan
- Extra blankets
- Small dresser (or a large one if there is no closet space)
- Smart TV
- USB charging docks
- Seating if space allows
- Blackout curtains
- Iron and/or handheld steamer
- 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 washcloths per guest
- Black washcloth for make-up removal
- Washable bathmat
- Toiletries: small shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, lotion, make-up removal wipes, toothpaste
- Hair dryer
- 2 rolls of toilet paper (more if you have a large house)
- Somewhere to hang wet towels
- Throw blankets
- Side table and/or coffee table
- Smart TV and DVD player
- Board games
- Arcade game
- Enough seating for each person, your home sleeps to sit comfortably
- Coffee maker (preferably a coffee station!)
- Plenty of silverware, cups, bowls, and plates for each guest
- Wine glasses
- Coffee cups
- Small appliances (blender, toaster, crockpot, air fryer)
- Frequently used gadgets including a pizza cutter, ice cream scoop, can opener, and scissors
- Knife set
- Coffee if you want to supply it
- Ice maker or ice trays
- Cooking utensils
- Cookie sheets and baking dishes
- A dining table with a seat for each person your home sleeps (ex. If you sleep 10, your table should have 10 chairs)
Your guests will need a few basic items to tidy up during their stay. Keep in mind, your cleaning crew will also need to have a few items in the house ready to go to make sure your turnovers are completed on time. It is best to ask your personal cleaner what is needed but here are some ideas to get you started.
- All-purpose cleaning spray
- Rags or towels designated for cleaning only
- Dish soap
- Trash bags
- Dishwasher pods
- Hand soap
Owners should have a designated locked space to keep their personal items and supplies needed for the maintenance of the home.
- Light bulbs
- Air filters
- Touch up paint
- Basic tools
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Flashlight or lantern
Hopefully, this list will give you a running start on supplying your Airbnb. However, you should compile a personalized list unique to your property. Remember once you supply the essentials, it is recommended to go above and beyond to distinguish yourself from the competition. Properties that offer an outstanding guest experience are more likely to get consistent 5-star reviews.
Providing your guests with a few extras such as a welcome book, brochures, coupons or a gift basket will show that you are serious about being an exceptional host. Some hosts will even offer concierge services such as booking excursions, private chefs, and restaurant reservations. Decide what you are able and willing to provide consistently, and describe it in detail on your listing.