Creating New Listings
Go to Listings
- Click the ‘Listings’ option in the Menu on the left of the page.
- You select which property you want to advertise. If you are new you will not have any to select, as a result you will have to click on ‘Create a new Property‘. Here it will ask you for the address and if you manage multiple listings at that address.
- If you do have multiple units at one listing, then the process changes a little. You simply have to put the name of the unit when creating the new property. You are able to add more units later on.
- Once you have entered the address and hit continue, it will take you to the ‘Basic Info‘ page. You will enter things like how many bedrooms and bathrooms the home has, and square footage.
Pay Attention to Detail
- The next step is entering details. It asks you about your pet policy, and amenities that are provided like dishwasher, washer, dryer, pool, etc.
- Now it’s time for entering your monthly rent and deposit amounts. Depending on where you live, and the type of home or unit you plan on renting out, this will vary. Try looking at similar rentals in your area to come up with a reasonable amount.
- Now they will ask you to upload some photos of the house. You have to upload the minimum of one photo. I suggest taking a picture of each room, and one of the front of the house. People tend to look over rentals with little to no photos of the house. Or rentals that have photos, but you can’t see them due to too much light, too little light,or blurry photos.
Background and Credit Check
- Applicant screening tools are next on the list. Normally you would front the costs for any background, or credit checks which can be costly. Cozy on the other hand has applicant-paid screening. This helps ensure that you are getting a serious, and trustworthy tenant. If you choose to do both screenings it will cost the applicant $39.99, or you can choose to do only one of the screenings. It will cost the applicant $24.99. You do always have the option of not doing either.
- All that is left is to review all the information, make any changes needed, and submit it. There is an option to the right of the page that is labeled ‘Accepting Applicants‘. That option is automatically off. If you are ready to post your house just turn that on and submit!
That is all there is to it! If you have multiple properties all you need to do is rinse and repeat. This is what the preview of my sample property looks like.
If you would like to learn about Online Rental Applications Click the link
If you would like to go back to the ‘My Property Management Experience with Cozy’ main page click the link